The City of Greenwood has decided to take several actions in response to the evolving and worsening Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. These decisions were made after careful monitoring of the current situation.
Effective immediately, City Hall will be closed to the public until further notice. However, City Hall staff will continue to work weekdays between 8:00am to 4:30pm and will be available by telephone at 715-267-6205. You may also reach us by email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. As always, many City services are available on-line on the City’s website at www.greenwoodwi.com.
Water bills will be mailed out April 1st and will be due as usual by April 20th. You can make payments via the drop-box located at the new City Hall 201 S. Main St, on our website using a credit or debit card, or by mail to PO Box D, Greenwood, WI 54437. The drop-box will be checked several times a day by office staff.
Dog Registrations are due March 31st. You may register your dog(s) by mailing their proof of rabies vaccination and the appropriate fee or by placing it in our drop-box. If your dog is spayed/ neutered the fee per dog is $3.00. If they are not spayed/ neutered the fee per dog is $8.00. You will receive your tag(s) in the mail. After April 1st if you have not registered your dog(s) you may receive a fine for $200.50.
If you would like to vote absentee:
· To request an absentee ballot, you must first be registered to vote. To register to vote you must bring a valid photo ID and proof of residence (bank statement or utility bill with current address). Voter registration ends April 31st online but you may come into the office by individual appointment.
· Submit your absentee ballot request online at myvote.wi.gov or contact City Hall for an individual appointment.
· You are required to attach a copy of your acceptable photo ID with your absentee ballot request online or bring your photo ID with you if you are requesting the ballot in person.
· Absentee ballot requests will only be accepted until May 7th.
· Ballots must be received by May 12th.
The City of Greenwood is currently working with Clark County and the Wisconsin Election Commission to put safety measures in place for our May 12th election. We will keep everyone updated as we learn more.
The City will continue to monitor developments regarding the Coronavirus pandemic. Any additional information regarding changes to City operations will be provided as it becomes available. Monitor our Facebook page and our website for updates. If you are registered for our CodeRed system, you will be updated on any urgent communications. To register for our CodeRed updates please visit https://public.coderedweb.com/CNE/en-US/BFB7CC4C6C0A.
As of April 1st, the City Hall location will be moved to 201 S. Main Street. Please use the affixed drop-box at that location for your payments.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during this time.